September 19th, 2018 at Kearney Ag. Center, Fresno County
Kearney Agricultural Research and Extension Center
9240 S. Riverbend Ave., Parlier, CA 93648
2018 Alfalfa and Forage Field Day Full Agenda
Producing Healthy Forage Systems
November 27-28-29 Reno, Nevada
Including Soil Health and Fertility Workshop, Economics, Pest Management, Genetics
Organized by the California Alfalfa Workgroup and California Alfalfa & Forage Symposium
Hosted by California Alfalfa & Forage Association (CAFA)
- Nov. 27 – Full Day: Nutrient Management Workshop (Alfalfa/Corn/Grasses)
- Nov 28-29 1.5 Day California Alfalfa & Forage Symposium (Economics, Irrigation, Pest Management)
- Exhibits and Sponsorships Welcome
View Full Program | Travel and Lodging | Symposium Website
To be held in Cordoba, Argentina, November 11-14, 2018.
Join colleagues from around the world to learn about alfalfa from a world perspective – economics, genetics, production, and science. Features 45+ speakers and a field day. Argentina is the world’s second largest producer of alfalfa (Lucerne).
Full Program Here
Steve Orloff was a true agronomist with broad knowledge and in-depth expertise related to most fields of agriculture science. He published hundreds of articles reporting on his original research related to pest management, irrigation, harvest management fertilization and variety selection.
Read Blog Post
Field Day Archive
The Alfalfa & Forage Systems Workgroup periodically holds field days to discuss on-going research. We have archived some of the handouts from these field days. Please see below to view selected handouts, presentations, and information from our 2014-2015 Field Days:
- Alfalfa & Small Grains Field Day - May, 2018
- Alfalfa/Forages Field Day - September, 2017
- Alfalfa/Small Grains Field Day - May, 2017
- Alfalfa/Forages Field Day - Kearney, September 2016
- Alfalfa/Small Grains Field Day - UC Davis, May, 2016
- Alfalfa/Field Crops Field Day - El Centro, April, 2015
- Alfalfa/Forages Field Day - UC Davis, September, 2015
- Alfalfa/Forages Field Day - Kearney, May, 2015
- Forage and Grain Sorghum Field Day & Workshop - Holtville, September, 2015
- Alfalfa/Forages/Biofuels Field Day - El Centro, April, 2014
- Alfalfa/Small Grains - Davis, May, 2014
- Alfalfa/Forages - Kearney Field Day, September 2014
This symposium has been sponsored by the University of California since 1971. We have all of the proceedings and many of the Powerpoints (and more recently, videos) of this conference on-line.
Please click on the year of interest:
All Symposia Proceedings (1971-2014) are archived with a search engine, which can be obtained on the Search Proceedings page
. Put in any subject or author to obtain articles on many subjects. This is a great source of Western alfalfa information.
A comprehensive 24-chapter publication designed to provide detailed, scientifically-based information about the growth, production, management, and utilization of alfalfa grown under irrigation. Lots of pest management information, forage quality, and variety information. Chapters can be downloaded, but it’s better to buy the whole publication.