2009 Western Alfalfa & Forage Conference
“Improving Your Odds of Profitability”
December 2 – 4, 2009 • Grand Sierra Resort and Casino • Reno, NV
Sponsor Registration, 2009
- Invitation and Information for Sponsors and Exhibitors
Greetings! On behalf of the University of California Alfalfa Workgroup, we are pleased to invite you to sponsor at the 2009 Western Alfalfa & Forage Conference in Reno, NV. This conference is organized by the University of California Alfalfa Workgroup and forage representatives from other Western States. It is supported by the generosity of the forage industry.
- Why Sponsor?
This is an important year for alfalfa. Hay prices are down, dairies are struggling, and growers are very interested in new products and ideas for saving money. It’s a great time to be a part of this important conference!
The conference program covers many issues related to alfalfa and other harvested forages (markets, pest management, soils and irrigation, alfalfa as an energy crop, and how management decisions affect profitability).
Your sponsorship helps to cover the costs of speakers, luncheons and coffee breaks, and it lowers the registration costs for attendees. This is a self-supporting program and we really depend upon sponsors to keep the price of the event at a reasonable level.
- Sponsors will receive from one to three complimentary registrations (each includes the banquet lunch and a copy of the Proceedings). In addition, you will be acknowledged at the podium, in the Proceedings, in the program, and a sponsor ribbon will be attached to your name badge.
There are opportunities to sponsor entire breaks as well (contact us). We hope that you will consider being a sponsor this year.
- Become a Sponsor
We invite you to become a sponsor to help defray program costs.
- Gold $1000 (3 complimentary registrations)
Silver $500 (2 complimentary registrations)
Green $300 (1 complimentary registration)
- Pre-Conference Workshop Registration is CLOSED. If you are interested please check the waiting list box.
- Hands-On Alfalfa Diagnostics Workshop
- Can you identify the most common weeds and insect pests in alfalfa?
- Do you know proper sampling techniques for soils and insects?
- Have you ever seen a nematode?
- Can you recognize herbicide injury symptoms?
- These topics and many more will be covered in detail during a 4-hour Alfalfa Diagnostics Workshop scheduled for Wednesday, December 2nd from 1 to 5 PM. Each participant will rotate through sessions covering Soil Fertility, Weeds, Insects, and Diseases & Nematodes. Workshops will be conducted by experts from University campuses, Cooperative Extension, and industry. This interactive training will benefit pest control advisors, consultants, and progressive growers.
- Participants can earn valuable Continuing Education Credits (e.g. PCA and CCA).
- Due to the hands-on nature of this workshop, participation is limited.
- Reserve your spot quickly!